So, the first half of 2016 has gone by without me hardly even noticing. But none the less, I need to look at my resolutions I made in the beginning of the year and see how I’ve done.
The Reading Goals for 2016
- Read a total of 60 books – I’ve read 32 books at this point, which is really good since I’ve been in the longest reading slumps this year of my life the first half of 2016. I’ve basically forced myself to read during the time I had the slump.
- Finish 6 series/trilogy’s
– Delirium (2 books left + novellas)
– The Darkest Minds (1 book left – I don’t count novellas to this challenge since the paperback doesn’t come out until late this year and I might not be able to get to it before the year is over)
– House of Night series (3 books left)– I’ve decided that I’m not going to finish this series
– The Grisha Trilogy (2 books left)– not going to finish this trilogy either (as of now at least)
– Penryn & the End of Days (1 book left)
– Red Rising (2 books left)
Because I deleted two series I’ve decided to include these two instead:
– Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
– Under the never sky by Veronica Rossi
- Read at least 1 book written in verse
- Finish my 16 books in 2016 – see below this list.
Finish a 2016 reading challenge – 52 books. I’m going to post a separate blog post about this later this week as well.– decided not to stress myself too much so I’m skipping this entirely this year.
- Start 4 new series/trilogy’s
– Snow like Ashes by Sara Raash
– Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer ✔︎
– Falling Kingdom by Morgan Rhodes ✔︎
– The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher ✔︎
- Read a book, buy a book – I can’t buy one book until I’ve read one book! – I’ve done surprisingly well with this. I’ve read 32 books and I’ve bought 35, so I need to read four more books before I can buy more babies (unfortunately I’m waiting on a package right now with four more books, lol.
- Read at least 5 books in Swedish ✔︎
Since I deleted the 2016 reading challenge I decided to add one more resolution:
- Read 5 classics
2016 in 2016 books
- A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin – I have started this, but I think I’m going to listen to it as an audiobook instead, It’s just too hard for me to focus on it fully because I always end up being confused and not really enjoying myself, unfortunately.
- Forbidden by Tamara Suzuma
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
The Final Empire by Brandon SandersonA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas ✔︎ Stolen: A letter to my Captor by Lucy ChristopherMore Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera The Hobbit by J R R TolkienYou by Caroline Kepnes ✔︎
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Martian by Andy Wier
- The Cellar by Natasha Preston ✔︎
- Fight Club by Chuck Palaniuk
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Pensionatet vid världens ände by Camilla Davidsson
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes ✔︎
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J K Rowling
Peter Pan by J M BarrieSnow Like Ashes by Sara Raash
- Storm Front by Jim Butcher ✔︎
Out of these I’ve only read 5/16 books and started one but haven’t finished it, I really need to pick up the pace if I’m going to be able to finish this list. Unfortunately I’ve needed to change this list up a bit since I lost interest (at least temporarily) in a few of them, so they are no longer priorities as of now, and because I can’t buy too many new books so I’m reading as many books I already own. So the books that are crossed out are the books I decided on at the beginning of the year, and the books after those are the books I’ve changed to.
Basically, looking at the lists, I need to get going on the resolutions so that I have at least more of them (if not all) done before the year is over. I mean I own all but two of the books in the 16 in 2016 list so that shouldn’t be so hard. Well, we’ll see how it goes.