Since June is over since more than a week ago, that means that there’s only less than 6 months left. It’s time to check in with what I’ve read so far with this tag.
Original Video: YouTube
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2016.
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2016.
Unforgiven by Lauren Kate (if it counts as a sequel, if not I don’t have a sequel to add here).
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas, Passenger by Alexandra Bracken and Riders by Veronica Rossi (Can’t choose one between these three).
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas
5. Biggest disappointment.
You by Caroline Kepnes & Gone Girls by Gillian Flynn
6. Biggest surprise.
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. It was so much better then I ever would have thought, since I’ve heard that those who love the Throne of Glass series wouldn’t like ACOTAR, and the other way around.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Can’t say 100% sure but Marissa Meyer, Jojo Moyes and Huntley Fitzpatrick, have all much potential, I just can’t really say because I’ve only read one book from all of them.
8. Newest fictional crush.
Conrad in the The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy by Jenny Han, and Willem in the Just One Day Duology by Gayle Forman, and now Jase in My Life Next Door too. I’m all over the place with the crushes lately, lol :P.
9. Newest favourite character.
Simon Spier in Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli for sure. I love his weirdness, since it reminds me of myself quite a bit.
10. Book that made you cry.
Most of the ones I’ve read this year should be listed here, but the two books where I cried the most, I mean blubbering sobbing, were definitely Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma.
11. Book that made you happy.
All of them more or less (except for a few exceptions – see disappointments)
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
Haven’t read/seen any yet this year.
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year. (Booktube version: Favourite video you have done so far in this year)
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes, it was a good one for being my first review.
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
The Bloomsbury Children’s edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J K Rowling (and also the second and third book in the same edition
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Game of Thrones by George R R Martin, Slaughterhouse-five by Kurt Vonnegut, More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera, The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak, The Martian by Andy Wier, Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate, The Harry Potter series, Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raash, and plenty of others but these are the most important ones.