It has only been about a month since I did my last UNhaul, and I’m doing another one so soon after that because I found a few more books I had forgotten about and they were hidden in our spare room, all of them I’m UNhauling. And I’m also UNhauling some Swedish hardbacks I won’t read because I actually prefer reading the mass market paperbacks when it comes to Swedish books, no matter the genre, they’re just easier to read as mass market paperbacks. I actually don’t like reading hardbacks at all, I prefer paperbacks, but that’s beside the point of this post.
All of the books are going to be donated as soon as I can get to our local charity store. So, the books I’m getting rid of this time are:
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Wormwood by Poppy z. Brite
- Shadows of glass by Kassy Tayler
- Remember me by Sophie Kinsella
- Burning Bright by Tracy Chevalier
- And the ass saw the angel by Nick Cave
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Tokyo MewMew Vol. 1, 2 and 4 by Mia Ikumi and Reiko Yoshida in Swedish
- Great Horror Stories – Tales by Stoker, Poe and Lovecraft – edited by John Grafton
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- White Oleander by Janet Fitch
On to the Books in Swedish:
- Mördar-Anders och hans vänner (samt en och annan ovän) by Jonas Jonasson (English title: Hitman Anders and the Meaning of it all) – This I’m going to give my mom.
- Himmelstrand by Johan Ajvide Lindqvist (English title: I am behind you)
- Låt de gamla drömmarna dö by Johan Ajvide Lindqvist (English title:) Let the old dreams die)
- Sandmannen by Lars Kepler (English title: The Sandman) – getting the Mass Market Paperback
- Stalker by Lars Kepler (English title: Stalker) – getting the Mass Market Paperback
- Lejontämjaren by Camilla Läckberg (English title: the ice child) – getting the Mass Market Paperback
- Rörgast by Johan Theorin (English title: the voices beyond) – got the Mass Market Paperback
- Sju Sorters kakor (recipes of seven kinds of cookies) – it’s an old tradition in Sweden to serve seven kinds of cookies when you invite people over, not that anyone does that anymore what I know of.
- A Swedish book on Zodiac signs, how people of specific zodiac signs are in life and in love-life.
- Magikologi – Merlins hemliga book om trollkarlar (English title: Wizardology: The Book of the Secrets of Merlin)
I also went through my TBR shelf again and found some books I’m just not going to read or I’m going to get other editions of (mainly Swedish hardcovers but also a couple of other books):
- Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier
- Delirium Stories by Lauren Oliver – I’m selling this one and I’m getting another edition of it.
- Stum sitter guden by Anna Jansson (English title: there isn’t one)
- Nancy by Elsie Johansson (English title: there isn’t one)
- Analfabeten som kunde räkna by Jonas Jonasson (English title: The girl who saved the king of Sweden)
- Britt-Marie var här by Fredrik Backman (English title: Britt-Marie was here)
- Min mormor hälsar och säger förlåt by Fredrik Backman (English title: My grandmother asked me to tell you she’s sorry)
I’m giving the last three books to my mom since she does want to read them and she doesn’t care about them being hardcovers. I’m getting them in the Mass Market Paperbacks instead.
So yeah, it was actually more books than I thought it would be, but I’m happy to be rid of them and I won’t miss a single one of them, to be honest.