For the second month in a row, I’ve had really good reading months, and I really hope this will continue for the next couple of months at least *knock on wood*. In February I read 9 books:
- Unwind by Neil Shusterman
I’ve been in a dystopian mood for the past three months or so, and it doesn’t seem to give anytime soon. This was the first book I picked up in February and wow, I haven’t read anything like it before; it was the weirdest and scariest dystopian I’ve read, it had me shuddering several times but also crying for a character I didn’t think I would ever be able to feel for when bad things happened, mostly because of the descriptions of what happened. But it was also very fascinating and weird in a good way. I liked it very much, and I gave it 4 stars.
- The Field Guide by Holly Black
This is the first book in the Spiderwick Chronicles. This was a book I really loved, it was really a great beginning to a series and it kept up the quality for the rest of the book. I gave it 5 stars.
- The Seeing Stone by Holly Black
Almost as good as the first book, nothing to complain about, it was a really good continuation of the series. I loved it. 4,5 stars.
- Lucinda’s Secret by Holly Black
Not the best book, don’t get me wrong, it was still good, just not as good as the first two books. 4 stars.
- Eldvittnet by Lars Kepler (The Fire Witness)
I loved the first book (the hypnotist) and liked the Nightmare enough, but I think this is the best book yet and I really can’t wait to read the next one about Joona Linna, I bet it’ll be even better than this one, which is hard to imagine since this was awesome. And they are so easy to read, even though this book was 562 pages long, it only took me like 24 hours to read, simply because it was so easy to read and I just couldn’t put it down. 4,5 stars.
- The Ironwood Tree by Holly Black
Just like the other three books, it was really good, I have really nothing more to say. 4 stars.
- The Wrath of Mulgarath by Holly Black
A great conclusion to the Spiderwick Chronicles, I really like this series and this book just made it a whole lot better. 4,5 stars.
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
I didn’t really know what to expect since it’s been a while since I read what this book was about if I ever did look it up, I don’t remember, I mostly decided to pick it up because of how it looked, the only thing I knew was that it was fantasy. I was happily surprised when I finished it, but I don’t know if I want to continue this trilogy since it ended like a stand-alone, I already know how the series will end, but if I continue I hope I’ll be surprised by a great plot twist. 4 stars.
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V E Schwab
I really loved the writing, I mean wow! Only the writing makes me want to read more from V E Schwab. The only thing I didn’t like (not that I hated it) was that it was soo slow reading it, it took me about a week to finish this book, I don’t know why but it was really slow for me to get through even though the story in itself was very fast pasted. 5 stars.
I started reading Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan, but didn’t get the chance to finish it, I came around half-way in and I got distraced by SKAM (norwegian TV-show) fanfic and read a lot of it for the last few days of February.
Goals I reached this month:
- I read 9 books this month, which means I have read a total of 20 books out of 40 as I’ve put that as a goal for 2017, I now have 20 books o read to complete the goal of reading 40 books for the year.
- I read 1 book in Swedish, which means I’ve read 2 out of 5 for the year, three books left to finish the goal.
- I have bought 7, and I’ve read 20 books which means I was allowed to buy 4 books (read 5, buy 1 resolution), and since I’ve sold 20 books, that adds 4 more books I can buy. But I don’t count three of the ones I bought since I replaced three books with these ones (the same books, just another edition), so I bought 4 books.
- I completed 1 series this month, which means I’ve completed 4 series in total, I now have 6 left to complete the goal of finishing 10 series.
- All the books I’ve read were from my TBR shelf, so I’ve gone from 122 (after the books I read last month) to 113, I’ve done quite a dent on the resolution of only reading books from my own shelf, (started with 133 books). But since I bought 4 books it’s up to 117 books.