It’s been a really busy month and I haven’t been able to read very much even though I’ve tried. It has just been taking a long time to finish a book. But at least I got to read a few of them.
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
I liked this book a lot, it was very thought provoking and beautiful, both at the same time. I liked the relationship between Mitch and Morrie more than I thought I would. 4,5 stars.
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J Maas
I wish I had read this before I started reading the Throne of Glass series, but since it’s been a while I read the 5th book it went ok anyway. It was really great reading about Celeana before the series started and whatever happened to Sam and all that. Now I just wish I could re-read the five first books in the series (don’t own them since I wanted other editions of the books already out). I gave the whole book 4 stars leaning more toward 4,5, here are the individual ratings for each of the short stories:
– The Assassin and the Pirate Lord: 4 stars.
– The Assassin and the Healer: 3 stars.
– The Assassin and the Desert: 4 stars.
– The assassin and the Underworld: 4,5 stars.
– The Assassin and the Empire: 4 stars.
- Berättelser från Engelsfors by S. Bergmark, M. Strandberg, etc…
The graphic novel of short stories from the Engelsfors trilogy, between the second and third book. It was fun reading a little bit about the backstory of some of the characters. But unfortunately it fell short for me, it wasn’t enough of it and the tarot card things between chapters weren’t fun at all even though I’m sure it was supposed to be. But it was fun reading about the characters again and seeing them in picture form. 3,5 stars.
- Mirakelverkstaden by Valéri Tong Cuong (no English title available)
I loved this book, up until the last third of the book and even less the last 30 pages because a twist that went totally the wrong way for me to like it. Because of this, I can’t give this book more than 3,5 stars, leaning more to a 3.
I also started The Kiss of deception by Mary E Pearson but didn’t get to finish it because of, well, life. But that’s the first book I’m going to finish next month.
- I read 4 books, so I’ve read 27 books in total this year and have 13 books left to read to reach my goal of 40.
- Read 2 books in Swedish. I’ve now 3 books read and 2 left to reach the goal of 5.
- I’ve bought 0 books in April. I wasn’t supposed to buy a single book until I’ve read 2 more books this year which I did in the beginning of this month, so I’m allowed to buy books again, but only 1, until I read enough to reach another 5.
- I finished 1 series this month (the graphic novel to the Engelsfors trilogy), so I’m now at needing to finish 5 series to finish my yearly goal.
- I read 4 books off my TBR list that I haven’t bought this year and 0 that I did get this year. So from last months 121 books on my TBR I went down to 116 TBR books.
- I didn’t read a single Classic, so I’m still at 4 to read to finish the goal.
- I read 1 books of the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge. My goal was to read 5 this year, so I have 4 books to read to finish this goal.
That’s it for last month. Hope you liked it. Read on 🙂