It hasn’t been the best reading month of the year, but I have figured out that it takes me a long time to get through Fantasy novels, usually between 2-3 weeks, so I’m fine with it, I just have to plan my reading a little better if I want to be able to read more than this. Even though I haven’t been able to read very much, all of them have been awesome books, so I don’t have a problem at all with it taking a bit longer to finish some books.
- Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
I’d heard so many great things about Hopkins’ books that I had very high hopes for them. I can safely say that it exceeded my expectations BIG f*ing time! I loved it, even though there were a lot of triggers in it. I could see myself in two of the three characters, and it felt really good to read something like that, to kind of know that I’m not alone even though these are fictional characters the problems are real, and to read something that someone has written about something so ”mundane” as depression and self-harm. There were a few minimal things that dragged down the rating half a star, but it’s still one of the best books of the year for sure. 4,5 stars.
Trigger Warning for; depression, self-harm, suicide attempts, drug use, sexual abuse, suicide, abuse and neglect within families, etc, etc.
- A Gathering of Shadows by V E Schwab
There wasn’t a lot going on in this second book, but I’m sure that the few things that did happen are going to go somewhere, and I’m really looking forward to reading the third and final book in this trilogy. The writing was of course exquisite and I’m loving every moment of reading these books, even though it takes me forever to get through them. 4,5 stars.
- Holding up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
It was a really good story about what matters and what doesn’t in a human being. That it is possible to look and see beyond the outer shells we have. I loved it even though it took me some time to get through it. 4,5 stars.
I didn’t get to finish more books, but I continued with Golden Son by Pierce Brown, which for some reason takes me foreever to get through. And I also started the first book in the Dark Visions Trilogy by L J Smith, but didn’t get to finish until on the first day of August.
- I read 3 books, so I’ve read 50 books in total this year and have 0 books left to read to reach my goal of 40.
- Read 0 books in Swedish. I’ve reached this goal already.
- I’ve bought 0 books in July, but I got 4 for free.
- I finished 0 series this month, so I’m still at needing to finish 5 series to finish my yearly goal.
- I read 0 books off my TBR list that I haven’t bought this year and 3 that I did get this year. From last months 103 books on my TBR I went down to 102 TBR books.
- I didn’t read a single Classic, so I’m still at 4 to read to finish the goal.
- I read 0 books of the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge. My goal was to read 5 this year, I still have 4 books to read to finish this goal.