It’s been some time since I was active on this blog. I just haven’t had the time or want to write and post anything for the past year (might be longer). But I’m going to try this again for a few months and see how I feel about it, starting with this blogpost.
Some time ago I saw a video by Pages and Pens on Youtube where she did a Revisited book haul, which basically is that you go back to an earlier haul and tell viewers or readers if you’ve read a book or not and what you thought about it if you did. I instantly wanted to do the same since I hauled a lot of books during 2016 (when I started this blog), this way I can see how I shop books and how many I haven’t read vs. have read, it might help me purge some of them if I’ve had them for that long without reading them.
I’m also thinking that I might try to read the books I haven’t read yet, or I’m going to unhaul them if I haven’t when this year is over. Don’t know if it’s something I can do at all since reading has taken a backburner place for the past 7 months or so. But we’ll see. In some posts I might have books I want to read sooner or later, but can’t do that at this moment. That’s ok if I know that I’m going to read them some day, if I know they are there just because I can have them, I’ll have to read them, or donate them.
I have no idea how often I’m going to post these but I’ll try at least one each month from now on.
Though it seems like I didn’t buy any books in January, so I’ll just start in February and my Birthday Book Haul.
February and Birthday Book Haul
- Storm front by Jim Butcher – Read
- A court of thorns and roses by Sarah J Maas – Read
- In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken – Read
- Under the never sky by Veronica Rossi – Read
- The Martian by Andy Wier – Read
- Unforgiven by Lauren Kate – Read
- You by Caroline Kepnes – Read and donated
- Requiem by Lauren Oliver – Read
- The Delirium Stories by Lauren Oliver – Read
- A darker shade of magic by V E Schwab – Read
- Kiss of Deception by Mary E Pearson – Read
This is going really well so far. I hope it continues the same through the February haul.
- Gone girl by Gillian Flynn – Read & Donated
- Paganinikontraktet (the nightmare) by Lars Kepler – Read & Donated
- As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner – Not read
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald – Read & Donated
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller – Not read
- To the lighthouse by Virginia Woolf – Not read
- Three by Kristen Simmons – Read
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons – Read
- The girl of fire and thorns stories by Rae Carson – Not read
- Mirakelverkstaden (no English title) by Valérie Tong Cuong – Read
- A Crochet book in Swedish I haven’t even touched since I bought it
- Love Letters: 200 years of Romance by the British Library – Not read
- Shopaholic to the stars by Sophie Kinsella – DNF’d & donated
- Berättelser från Engelsfors by Strandberg & Bergmark Elfgren (Graphic novel from the Engelsfors trilogy) – Read
- Stjärnklart by Lars Wilderäng (no english title) – Not read & Donated
- United states of cake (cookbook) by Roy Fares – Not meant to read from cover to cover
I’m surprised at how good it went. I have a few more books left that I got during that month. Non of the books I haven’t read do I want to get rid of, I want to read them all sooner or later, but it will happen for sure.
That’s it for the February and Birthday Book Haul Revisited. So, from all the books I hauled then I bought/got 27 books, and from them, I’ve read 17, which is better than I thought it would be.
It seems like I didn’t do a March book haul but then I did an April, May and June one, which I think I’m going to post next, in a week or so. So this is it, for now, I hope you liked it. See you next time.
Read on 🙂