This blog post I have been wanting to write for some time since I know that there always are books one would never read how much or little others might like it. This is my list:
A little disclaimer before we begin. Nothing against anyone who might really love these books! These are just my opinions and I don’t expect everyone to think the same as me about a book. I didn’t hate these books, they just weren’t my cup of tea. We are all adults here so please respect my opinions and I will respect yours.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (or anything by John Green for that matter). I read Looking for Alaska last year but I won’t read anything else from him. I don’t know what it is about him or his books, I just don’t want to read them. The Fault in Our Stars I won’t read, simply because, Cancer, I can’t read anything with cancer in it, simple as that, and that thing I can’t word out about him or his writing.
- Life & Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer. I’ve read the original, that’s enough for me, I’m not interested in reading an re-imagination.
- I am number four by Pittacus Lore (and everything written, published and produced by James Frey and his company Full Fathom Five – though I will read Dorothy must die if I can find it second hand!), just because, read this article and this GoodReads list.
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card (or anything by him), google ”orson scott card on homosexuality” or ”orson scott card homophobia” and you have your answer. Read This Too!
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I tried the first book but got 30 pages in and I just couldn’t continue, it didn’t grab me at all and I just couldn’t.
- Anything more from Cassandra Clare. I’ve read The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, and I’m now reading The novellas (Welcome to the Shadowhunter Academy) but after that, I’m done. Sure I’ve loved everything she’s written this far, but no more! Google it and you will find articles and blogposts about her being a huge bully and that what she’s written is plagiarism, and more. I simply don’t support bullies and never will! Google search tips: her name followed by ”bully”, ”controversy” and ”plagiarism”.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. I’m simply not interested in this book.
- Hallow City by Ransom Riggs (and Library of Souls), after reading the first book I was so disappointed that I think I won’t ever read the rest of the series.
- Days of Blood and Starlight (and the third book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone, whatever the name is) by Laini Taylor, because the same reason as number 8.
- The selection series by Kiera Cass. For some time I was really interested in reading this, but since then I have heard a lot about the main character (I think), that she’s really annoying and selfish and so immature and stuff, which made me think again since I H A T E annoying and immature characters.
This is it for now. I hope you liked this post. See you next time. Take Care 🙂